For today’s recipe, we have quinoa, which is not only nutritious and protein-rich, but also prepared in an exotic way. This healthy side dish goes great with some seafood or chicken.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 green onions
- Peel and mince the ginger root, mince the garlic clove and chop the onions.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the quinoa and fry for 2-3 minutes, then add the chicken broth, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Increase the heat on the stove and bring to a boil, then cover the saucepan and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer on the stove 25 to 30 minutes, until all the liquid has been absorbed. Top with chopped green onions before serving.