If you’re looking for a delicious vegetarian dish, carrot rice is the perfect choice. It’s packed with vegetables, which will stimulate all your senses and help you stay energized and focused all day long.
1 cup basmati rice
2 cups water
¼ roasted peanuts
1 onion, sliced
1 tbsp. margarine
1 tbsp. ginger root, minced
¾ cup carrots, grated
Salt to taste
Cayenne pepper to taste
- Place water and rice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover. Steam for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat the margarine is a skillet over medium heat, add the onion. Cook and stir until the onion turns golden brown. This shouldn’t take longer than 10 minutes.
- Add ginger, carrots, and salt to taste. Reduce heat and cover to steam for 5 minutes.
- Grind the peanuts, then add them. Add cayenne pepper as well.
- Add rice and stir until evenly distributed.