If you are really serious about eating healthy, you will want to invest in a steamer, a piece of cooking equipment that will allow you to prepare fantastic dishes like this steamed Chinese snapper. Being able to prepare food this mouth-watering and still so healthy is definitely worth the investment.
- 1 pound red snapper fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 1/2 fresh red chile pepper and chopped
- 2 sprigs cilantro, finely chopped
- Pour 1 ½ inches of water in a steamer and bring it to a bowl. Place the snapper fillets in the basket and season them with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the snappers with ginger, sesame oil and soy sauce. Add shiitake mushrooms, red chilli peppers and tomatoes in the basket.
- Steam everything for about 15 minutes. You should be able to flake the fish with a fork. Sprinkle everything with cilantro and serve.