Time to take in some of those healthy veggies. Try this easy-to-make nutritious stock for all those essential vitamins your body needs!
- 2 onions, cut into chunks
- 1 cup of fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup of potato peelings
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup of butternut squash peelings and pulp
- 1 quart of water
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- Pour the olive oil in a large pot and heat it over medium-low heat. Place the onions in the pot and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the onions are golden brown.
- Mix the celery root, carrots, mushrooms, potato peels and squash into a pot and season with salt. Cook for 45 minutes.
- Pour water into the pot and bring it to a boil. Bring the heat down to low and let it simmer for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally. Just strain out the solids and that’s it!