You’d never guess that this gorgeous cheesy quiche has only 6 grams of carbs per serving. Turkey sausage, zucchini, and mozzarella cheese bring an original Italian flavor to this all-in-one dish.
- 4 ounces uncooked turkey Italian sausage links
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped red sweet pepper
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim or reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat four 8-ounce shallow quiche dishes or one 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet cook turkey sausage, zucchini, and sweet pepper until turkey is cooked through and sweet pepper is just tender.
- In a medium bowl combine cooked turkey mixture and Parmesan cheese. Divide mixture among the prepared dishes or spoon into the pie plate. In a medium bowl whisk together egg, milk, and black pepper. Divide egg mixture among the ramekins or pour into the pie plate. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake individual servings about 25 minutes or pie plate about 35 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes before serving.