Twisted puff pastry strips laced with some cheese and herbs make easy and elegant appetizers. The best part? They are really, really easy to make.
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine the Parmesan, pepper and garlic powder. Unfold pastry sheets onto cutting board.
- Brush the sheets lightly with the egg white, then sprinkle each sheet with 1/4 of the cheese mixture.
- Lightly press into pastry, turn over; repeat. Cut each sheet into 12 strips and twist each strip.
- Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in 350 degrees for 15 minutes.