This is the healthiest chicken Kiev out there. We use skinless chicken, granary breadcrumbs and low-fat spread, making this a great and healthy family meal.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 20g low-fat spread
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tbsps granary breadcrumbs
- salt and black pepper
- 4 big potatoes
- 1 stock cube
- Low-cal spray oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place each chicken breast on a chopping board and slice through the center to make a pocket.
- Mix together the low-fat spread, garlic and chives and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into the pocket of each chicken breast.
- Dip the chicken in the beaten egg, and then in the breadcrumbs and place on a non-stick baking tray. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water with the stock cube for 2-3 minutes. Drain and place on a baking tray.
- Spray lightly with oil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes (you can cook them with the chicken).
- Serve the chicken and chips hot with vegetables.