For all of you vanilla lovers, this is a real treat. They are crunchy, sweet and very easy to make. Also, they will make sure you don’t disrespect your diet, as they are diet-friendly.
- 1 1⁄2cups self-raising flour
- 1⁄2cup custard powder
- 1⁄2cup caster sugar
- 120g low-fat butter, chopped
- 1⁄4cup skim milk
- 1teaspoon vanilla essence
- 30g slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C (356 deg F). Line 2 trays with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour and custard powder. Stir in the sugar.
- Rub the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture looks like soft breadcrumbs.
- Combine the milk and vanilla essence then stir into the mix. It should form a firm dough.
- Drop 2 teaspoons of dough in heaps onto the prepared trays. They will spread so allow space between biscuit. Lightly flatten with a fork then sprinkle with almonds. Press lightly to adhere.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden on the bottom.