Make these for an easy on-the-run healthy and diet-friendly morning meal throughout the week. All the flavors of a banana split are loaded into these amazing muffins making them a dessert-worthy breakfast!
- 1 1/2 c walnuts, chopped
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 3/4 c semisweet chocolate mini baking chips
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 c packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 c canola oil
- 1/4 c fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 c fat-free milk
- 1 lg egg
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Measure 1/2 cup of the walnuts into a food processor and grind. Place the ground walnuts, flour, chocolate chips, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Combine the brown sugar, oil, yogurt, milk, egg, banana, and vanilla extract in a bowl and stir until smooth. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir until thoroughly combined. Stir in the remaining 1 cup walnuts and mix well.
- Fill the muffin cups three-fourths full and bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until the tops spring back lightly when touched. Remove the muffins from the pan and let cool on a rack.