People often forget about shrimp when they do barbecues when in reality, one of the best ways to make your BBQs healthier is to start grilling shrimp. This is a light and super healthy way to enjoy everyone’s favorite residents of the sea. Fun too.
- 3 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger root, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Put the olive oil, lemon juice, sesame oil, garlic, onion, cilantro, ginger, paprika, salt and pepper in a food processor or a blender. Blitz until smooth. Take a small portion of it and save for basting.
- Pour the rest in a dish, put in the shrimp and stir to marinate the shrimp. Put in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill, skewer the shrimp once near the head and once near the tail.
- Slightly oil the grill grate. Grill the skewered shrimp for about 3 minutes on each side. Baste regularly with the sauce you reserved earlier.