Let’s be honest, who doesn’t like chicken? Here’s a relatively simple recipe for a juicy, tasty chicken dinner!
- ½ cup of margarine, divided
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, giblets removed
- 1 stalk celery, leaves removed
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F (or 175 degrees C).
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan and season it with salt and pepper inside and out. Sprinkle with onion powder and place 3 tablespoons of margarine inside the chicken cavity. Use the remaining margarine to make dollops around the chicken. Cut the celery into pieces and place it inside the chicken cavity.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the oven, to an internal temperature of 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Baste with margarine and drippings after removing it from the oven, then cover the chicken with aluminum foil and let it rest for 30 minutes.