Delicious, easy-to-make treats for the entire family, completely vegan! If you start now, you’ll be nibbling on these in just half an hour!
2 cups of all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons of baking powder
¾ cup of margarine
2 tablespoons of poppy seeds
½ cup of water
¾ cup of white sugar
½ teaspoon of salt
1 lemon, zested and juiced
½ cup of soy milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (or 200 degrees C), then grease a baking sheet.
- Put the sugar, flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl. Cut the margarine until it’s the consistency of large grains of sand.
- Rub the margarine into the flour and stir in the poppy seeds, lemon zest and melon juice. Combine the soy milk and water and stir into the dry ingredients until the batter is moist.
- Apply the batter in tablespoon-sized plops onto the baking sheet and keep them 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven until golden.