Looking for a healthy Mexican dish? You can’t go wrong with this great recipe. It’s pretty much a Mexican version of an incredibly healthy and delicious lasagna. Enjoy!
10 corn tortillas
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 small chopped white onion
2 large tomatoes
3 tbsp unsalted butter
3 large zucchinis
1 ear of corn
3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3/4 cup Mexican crema
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add oil to a sauté pan and then heat it. Fry tortillas in there for about ten seconds each and then drain them on a paper towel.
- Heat vegetable oil, garlic and onion in a sauté pan for three minutes and then add the tomato puree and cook for 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a separate pan and then add the zucchini and corn and cook for two minutes. Add a half cup of water and cook for 5 minutes and then add salt and pepper.
- Put the tortillas in a baking dish and then pour the tomato mix over them. Then add the zucchini mixture, then a cup of shredded cheese, and Mexican crema.
- Repeat that three times to make three layers. Place it in the oven for 15 minutes and take it out once the cheese has melted.