Sprinkling a little bit of the yellow powder may help everything from aches and pains to digestive discomfort. Studies have even shown that turmeric improves liver function and helps prevent cancer. Stay healthy and enjoy this tasty vegetarian meal with only 200 cals per serving.
- 1/2 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 9 ounces brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup brown rice, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon raisins
- 1 1/4 cups organic vegetable stock
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toast the pine nuts, remove from heat, and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof casserole, add the onion and turmeric, and fry for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms, and fry for a further 2 minutes. Add the rice, raisins, and stock, and stir.
- Place in the oven. Cook for 45-55 minutes, checking if you need to add a little more water halfway through, until the rice is tender.
- Stir in the toasted pine nuts, lemon juice, cilantro, and a little salt and pepper before serving.