When frying zucchini, most people use breadcrumbs for seasoning. In this recipe, however, we’ve replaced breadcrumbs with crushed almonds to bring you a healthier, but equally tasty meal. Throw in some tomato sauce and you’ve got yourself a fantastic snack.
1 tablespoon of salt
½ cup ground almonds
½ teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line your baking sheet with some parchment paper.
2. Cut the zucchini into 3-inch pieces by length, then cut each of those pieces into 9 fries.
3. Place the fries into a colander and add salt. Leave the zucchini out for at least an hour to remove all extra water.
Beat and mix the eggs in a shallow bowl.
4. In another bowl, mix the Parmesan cheese, almonds and Italian seasoning. Rinse the salt off the zucchini with water and gently dry them with paper towels.
5. Dip the zucchini pieces into the egg mix and roll them in the almond coating. When done, place the fries on the baking sheet.
6. Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake the zucchini until they are tender and until the coating is browned and crisp (about 25 minutes depending on the oven), and make sure to turn them over halfway through cooking time.