This is a short and simple recipe for a unbelievably tasty taco salad that will make you full without adding all those extra pounds. The fat-free cottage cheese takes care of that, while still providing all the necessary juiciness to this delicate salad.
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package vegetarian ground beef crumbles
- 1 can tomatoes
- 6 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 cups non-fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce (you can put more if you want)
- 1 cup non-fat cheddar cheese
- First, the olive oil needs to be heated over medium-high heat in a skillet. Saute the garlic in the oil until it is somewhat softer which should take about 2 minutes. Then add the tomatoes, the beef, and the taco seasoning. Cook and stir the mixture for about 10 minuets.
- Separate the lettuce between two bowls and top them both with the tomato mixture. Put the cottage cheese around the mixture and spray some Cheddar cheese on the top; season with the taco sauce to taste.