Another Meatless Wednesday is here! Today, we will be preparing this amazing Italian dish vegan style, and it is bound to have you asking for seconds.
- 340 g eggless fettuccine
- 120 g soy cream cheese
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 3 tpsb nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ cup chopped parsley leaves
- Follow the directions on the package to cook the fettuccine.
- Strain, and leave a cup of the water you used to cook fettuccine, you will need it later.
- Use a blender to mix soy milk, soy cream cheese, lemon zest, nutritional yeast and salt and pepper to taste. You should get a smooth mash.
- Put oil and garlic in a skillet until the garlic starts to sizzle, then add the mixture from the previous step and a ½ of the pasta water. Cook it all until it turns creamy.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add parsley and fettuccine; mix it all together.
- Serve sprinkled with some nutritional yeast and pepper.