An incredibly easy dish to make, and within a short time span as well. Vegetarian and low-fat – a perfect combination for a light meal that will actually fill you.
- ½ jar bottled marinara sauce
- 1 package polenta
- ¼ cup pesto
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Oil your baking dish and preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the polenta into ¼ inch thick slices. Put a single layer of polenta in the bottom of the dish, then spread a really thin layer of pesto over the polenta. Take a spoon and gently pour the sauce over the polenta, then top with another layer of polenta and sauce.
- Bake it uncovered for 25 minutes, then turn on the broiler. Top the polenta with pine nuts and cheese and broil until everything is nice and toasty.