These delicious bite-size appetizers are a great party meal when you’re trying to abstain from meat. Start your party with these low-cal exotic bites and stay healthy!
- 1 3/4 cups shelled frozen edamame
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 30 round wonton wrappers (3 1/2 in. diameter)
- Cilantro leaves
- Soy sauce, for serving
- Cook edamame according to instructions.
- Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water; drain edamame and set 3/4 cup aside.
- In a blender, blend remaining 1 cup edamame with ginger, lemon juice, salt, and about 1/3 to 1/2 cup reserved cooking water.
- Transfer edamame paste to a bowl, mix with whole edamame and chives.
- Bring a large, deep pot of salted water to a boil and add vegetable oil.
- Fill wonton wrappers with 1 tsp. edamame filling and top filling with a cilantro leaf (cover unfilled wrappers with a moist towel). Moisten wrapper edges with water, fold over filling, and press to seal. Boil wontons until they float to surface, 2 minutes. Serve with soy sauce.