You may have experimented with a lot of sauces over the years, but let’s face it – the most simple solution is sometimes the best one.
- 1 package cream cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ cup butter
- 6 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth.
- Add the milk, but make sure not to put too much at once, then whisk out the lumps until smooth. Stir in the Parmesan and pepper.
- Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency.
- The sauce will thicken rapidly, so don’t cook it too long. Serve with hot pasta.