A very forgiving and simple recipe for a delicious spinach quiche that’s perfect for a vegetarian lifestyle. Feel free to improvise with amounts of this and that, and you can even remove or add some ingredients as you like.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 package frozen spinach, drained
- 1 package herb and garlic feta cheese
- 1 can mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package shredded Cheddar
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie crust
- First of all, you’ll need to preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Take the butter, and melt it over medium heat in a skillet. Saute the onions and garlic in the butter for about 7 minutes. Mix in the mushrooms, feta, spinach and half a cup of Cheddar cheese. Spray salt and pepper on top, then spoon the mixture into the pie crust
- Take a bowl and whisk together the eggs and milk, then spray some salt and pepper over it. Pour everything into the pastry shell, and allow the egg mixture to firmly combine with the spinach mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then take it out and spray the remaining Cheddar on top. Bake for an additional 40 minutes, and allow about 10 minutes for it to cool before serving.