Though it may seem like an odd combination, this strawberry spinach salad is one of the best summer salads you can eat, both in terms of taste and health.
- 10 ounces spinach
- 1 quart strawberries
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp. minced onion
- ¼ tbsp. paprika
- ¼ tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ olive oil
- ¼ cup distilled white vinegar
- ¼ cup almonds
- Rinse spinach, then tear into small pieces. Clean, hull and slice strawberries.
- Mix together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and onion in a medium bowl. Cover and let cool for one hour.
- Mix the spinach, strawberries and almonds in a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad, then refrigerate 10-15 minutes.