A truly wonderful meatless version of your traditional, everyday fajita! It can be prepared right away or in advance, depending on your liking.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and garlic and pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 small julienned zucchini
- 2 medium small yellow squash, julienned
- 1 large, sliced onion
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- Put the olive oil, oregano, vinegar, garlic salt, salt, chili powder, sugar and pepper into a large bowl. Add the zucchini, onion, yellow squash, red and green pepper into the marinade. Marinate the vegetables in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes, just be careful not to go past 24 hours.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, then drain the vegetables and sauté them until they are tender (around 15 minutes). Mix in the corn and beans. Increase the heat to high for 5 minutes, until the vegetables are brown.