This is a lighter version of your normal breakfast casserole, well suited for your vegetarian diet. Serve right away or put in a fridge overnight – both options are good.
- 1 (8 ounces) package vegetarian sausage links
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups shredded sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces Cheddar-mozzarella cheese blend
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup finely sliced fresh spinach leaves
- 1 container low-fat small curd cottage cheese
- 8 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Put the vegetarian sausage in a large skillet. Pour in about 1/4 inch of water, then cook the sausage over medium heat until they are evenly browned (about 15 minutes).
- Mix the butter and sweet potatoes in a bowl; spread evenly into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Mix the cheese blend, finely chopped onion, cottage cheese, eggs, spinach, and sausage together in a large bowl. Pour the sweet potato layer over it.
- Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for about 1 hour. Cool for 5 minutes before you serve it.