A great recipe to make crab cakes without actually putting any crab in them – a perfect opportunity for the zucchini to truly shine.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 ½ cups zucchini
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup minced onion
- Combine the zucchini, butter, and egg in a large bowl. Mix in the crumbs, minced onion and seasoning.
- Shape the mixture into patties and cover them in flour.
- Take a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium heat, and fry the patties until they are crispy brown on both sides.