Although most of us love summer and everything that comes with warm weather, all of us silently dread the “beach body ready” season. Yes, of course, beauty comes from within and we should all accept our bodies the way they are, but striving to look our best is in the human nature. Fortunately, there is an infinite number of ways to lose weight, get muscle, and get rid of the pesky cellulite.
Most weight-loss regimes rely heavily on the way you eat, which is why we come to you today with a number of options that can help you cut those calories while working on your body. Here are ten strategies that will help you eat 500 calories fewer daily.
- Do more things on the go. If you are an office worker or your job requires a lot of sitting, you need to find a way to shake things up. You can opt for office exercises, walking a few blocks on your way home or anything else that comes to mind. Being a bit more physically active will help your body burn more calories than you would expect, not to mention that you will feel better for not being stuck in a chair for the whole day.
- Smoothies are not a solution. Even though they are presented as a great breakfast option, we wouldn’t wholeheartedly recommend smoothies as a regular go-to meal in the morning. Reasons? Smoothies are calorie bombs unless you’re extremely careful with them and very few people actually know how to concoct a lean smoothie. Be careful and maybe opt for the good old oatmeal.
- Less sleeping=More snacking. Yes, this is a thing. When you don’t get enough sleep (think at least seven hours a day), your body is more tired and requires more energy to run properly. This means it will be much more difficult for you to resist those snacks when your body needs to work. If it’s not always possible for you to get enough sleep, prepare some healthy snacks and bring them with you to work.
- Don’t be fooled by the healthy labels. This is one of those silent killers. If you’re in a restaurant and you see a lot of “low-carb” or “vegetarian” labels on the menu, your guard drops while ordering. Be aware that one healthy meal won’t compensate for the ice cream that you might want to order for dessert. It would be best to order some coffee or skip dessert altogether.
- Boiled eggs are good for you. Another great way to start your day is eating a couple of boiled eggs for breakfast. Not only will you eat 400+ fewer calories during the day but you will also feel full longer. When it comes to dinner, think liquids, maybe a low carb soup or grilled veggies to fill you up nicely.
- Cut back the oils! It’s a well-known fact that oily, deep fried meals are a no-no when you want to lose weight, but there are other drizzles that can make a difference too. Instead of making your meals with heaps of oil, try out the same recipes with stock. Also, when it comes to your salads, avoid that final touch of oil over it, you can cut back about 100 calories a day.
- Don’t succumb to nuts! It sounds funny, but it’s true. If you have a large bowl of nuts in front of you (especially peanuts), you will chow more because it won’t seem like much. Yes, nuts have healthy fats, but their calories won’t help you.
- Don’t eat and watch something! Eat without your TV, take a walk instead of watching something and you will definitely eat less and burn more.
- We all love pasta, but… Servings are huge, much bigger than they’re supposed to be, especially if you’re eating in a restaurant. Some restaurant serving are up to four times bigger than the recommended portions so you can eat about 1000 calories more than normal. Ouch!
- Mini is the way to go. If you can’t give up sweets, then eat smaller desserts. More and more restaurants offer mini versions of cakes and cookies so this should work great for you if you can’t live without chocolate.