There is nothing like coming home to a hearty but healthy soup and that is what we’re about today with this bean kale soup. It is packed with all kinds of goodness that won’t make you fat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cups raw kale, chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, undrained
- 4 chopped plum tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- Heat up the olive oil in a large pot. Add onion and garlic and sauté until they are soft. Add kale and saute it all some more until the kale has wilted.
- Add 2 cups of beans and 3 cups broth, tomato, herbs and salt and pepper. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the remaining broth and beans in a blender until they’re smoth.
- Add the mixture to the soup and simmer for 15 minutes or until the soup thickens. Serve in bowls and sprinkle with parsley.