This is a light but incredibly tasty pasta dish that’s healthier than traditional pasta dishes because of the asparagus cooked in the broth with sauteed garlic and seasoned chicken. A simple, yet delicious recipe.
- 1 package dried penne pasta
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Garlic powder
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch slender asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, then drain and set aside.
- Warm 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the chicken, and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until the chicken is cooked through and browned, which shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes. Remove the chicken to paper towels.
- Pour the chicken broth into the skillet. Add the asparagus, garlic, a pinch more garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cover and steam for about 10 minutes. Return the chicken to the skillet, and warm through.
- Mix the chicken mixture with the pasta. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, then drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.