With only 287 calories, you can enjoy your main course salad without feeling guilty. This is a classic Thai beef salad, improved with mango.
- 3/4 pound sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled ginger
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, cut into strips (about 7 cups)
- 1 mango, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Season the steak with ¼ teaspoon each of salt and black pepper. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest at least 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lime zest and juice, honey, ginger, soy sauce, oil, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Add the lettuce, mango, bell pepper, basil, and scallions and toss to combine. Gently fold in the steak and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.