Who knew green beans and asparagus make for such a delicious combination? Well, they do and this salad is the perfect example. It is not just super healthy, it is also incredibly delicious and exciting.
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the green beans and the asparagus and then cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil over green beans and toss them in a bowl. Spread the green beans onto a baking sheet.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the asparagus and toss it in a bowl. Add them to the baking sheet with the green beans.
- Roast for another ten to twelve minutes until the asparagus gets tender.
- Put them in a bowl and add the cherry tomatoes, red onion and parsley in a big bowl. Season with salt and pepper and serve.