This is a fantastic recipe for your classic rice pudding. You can either sprinkle the pudding with some cinnamon or use nutmeg to add some extra flavor. If you want the dessert to be even more creamy, use medium grain rice.
- 1 beaten egg
- ¾ cup white rice (uncooked)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into a saucepan and bring to a boil; put the rice into the boiling water. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Take a clean saucepan, and mix 1 ½ cups rice, 1 ½ cups milk, salt and sugar. Cook over medium heat until it’s nicely thick and creamy. This should take no more than 20 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining half a cup milk, raisins, and beaten egg, and cook for 2 more minutes. Make sure to constantly stir. Remove from heat and mix in the butter and vanilla and you’re done!