This mouth-watering meatless dish is a true Italian cuisine classic, and for a good reason. It’s easy to prepare and it leaves no one dissatisfied.
- 16 ounces uncooked spaghettini
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes with garlic
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese
- Boil a pot of water. Add spaghettini and cook until al dente, usually between 8 and 10 minutes. Drain the spaghettini.
- Put diced tomatoes, basil, fresh tomato, garlic, pepper and olive oil in a blender. Blend until chunky.
- Put the tomato mixture in a bowl and then add the cooked spaghettini. Toss the bowl to mix. Sprinkle lemon juice over the spaghettini. Top with goat cheese before serving.