This lemon asparagus quinoa risotto is a perfect dish to make in asparagus season. It’s also very light, filling and very nutritious. Asparagus keep the bloating and under-eye circles in check.
- ½ head cauliflower, chopped into pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ pound asparagus, trimmed and chopped
- ½ small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- ½ cup quinoa
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 to 2½ cups vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- zest of 1 lemon
- parsley to garnish
Choose either cashew cream or sour cream for top:
- ½ cup cashews, ¼ cup water and pinch of salt (if making cashew cream)
- sour cream
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees. On a baking sheet toss the cauliflower with 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and blanch the asparagus for 1 minute. Drain under cold water.
- In a saute pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil until hot. Add the onion and saute for 3-5 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Add in the quinoa and salt and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in 1 cup of stock at a time, stirring after each addition until the liquid is absorbed.
- When the cauliflower is done, toss with ½ teaspoon curry powder and place in a food processor and pulse until it looks like the size of rice.
- Add the cauliflower to the quinoa mix and fold in the lemon zest, cashew cream or sour cream and asparagus and continue to cook 2-3 minutes.
- Top with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
- To make cashew cream: Place cashews, water and salt in a blender and mix.