It might sound strange, but roasting Brussels sprouts is easy and actually makes them even more delicious. What’s more, any leftovers can be reheated or even eaten cold straight from the fridge!
- 1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts, and remove all yellow leaves you find.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put the Brussels sprouts, salt, pepper and oil into a large resealable plastic bag. Seal it lightly and shake away until the sprouts are perfectly coated. Pour everything onto a baking sheet and place it all on the center oven rack.
- Roast for about 40 minutes, make sure to shake the pan every 5-6 minutes to make them brown evenly, and reduce the heat when necessary to prevent burning. You’ll know they are done when they are darkest brown, almost black. Put some more salt if needed, and serve immediately.