You don’t need have to be the chef of a Michelin-starred restaurant to be a pro in the kitchen. You also don’t need years of experience to use some of the most brilliant cooking hacks known to man.
We here at Diet.st have gathered 101 most useful, time-saving tips that will boost your cooking skills and make you a true star in the kitchen.
Whether you are an experienced cook or still struggling with the basics of cooking, the following 101 cooking tips and tricks will make your life much easier.
1. You can soften butter faster if you grate it with a cheese grater. Another option is to put the butter in a plastic bag and flatten it with a rolling pin. You can achieve the same results if you cut a stick of butter into 8 to 10 pieces.
2. To save yourself a lot of trouble when separating egg yolk from whites, make a small hole in the egg and drain the white through the hole. Now just crack open the egg and release the yolk.
3. There’s an easy way to keep yolks in the middle of the eggs when boiling them – stir the water gently while cooking.
4. Slice up lemons or limes into thin slices and place them in a muffin baking tray. Fill the tray with water and put it in the freezer for a couple of hours. You will end up with delicious lemon or lime ice cubes that go perfectly with various refreshing drinks.
5. You don’t need sour cream for a delicious dip. Put some cottage cheese in a blender until it’s creamed and voila, you have the perfect replacement for sour cream.