This creamy vegetarian dish is a perfect last minute treat for your veg Easter feast. Enjoy your Easter, and Bon Appetite!
- 9 dried lasagna sheets
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 700g courgettes, coarsely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g tub ricotta
- 50g cheddar
- 350g jar tomato sauce for pasta
- Heat oven to 220°C. Put a pan of water on to boil, then cook the lasagna sheets for about 5 minutes until softened, but not cooked through. Rinse in cold water, and then drizzle with a little oil to stop them sticking together.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan, and then fry the onions. After about 3 minutes, add the courgettes and garlic and continue to fry until the courgette has softened and turned bright green. Stir in 2/3 of both the ricotta and the cheddar, then season to taste. Heat the tomato sauce in the microwave for 2 minutes on high until hot.
- In a large baking dish, layer up the lasagna, starting with half the courgette mix, then pasta and tomato sauce. Repeat, top with blobs of the remaining ricotta, then scatter with the rest of the cheddar. Bake on the top shelf for about 10 mins until the pasta is tender and the cheese is golden.